Robin (RBBR)'s Reviews > When Beauty Tamed the Beast

When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James

3193690
Although Eloisa James is currently doing what I think of as adult rewrite's of a number of Fairy Tales of which this is the second they are all considered to be Stand Alone's rather than part of a series. This one seemed more loosely based on the Beauty and Beast story we're use to and in fact she states at the end in her notes that the Beast is based more on Dr. House of the TV Series and less on the traditional Beast. I like the Hero aka Piers and Heroine aka Linnet but I didn't like her family at all. They wouldn't listen to her and that's annoying. Course I like the twist toward the end where we learn that Piers has been keeping some information about himself unknown and allowed people to think what they would since it worked to his benefit. The next book in this Stand Alone Series is based on The Princess and The Pea and is scheduled to be out in the Fall. If this book is ever made into a Movie or Mini Series perhaps Hugh Laury (not sure I spelled that correctly) would be willing to play the role of Pierce.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Beauty Tamed the Beast.