Cliff's Reviews > Duma Key

Duma Key by Stephen King

Mar 03, 08

bookshelves: horror
Read in March, 2008

Finally finished Duma Key. It's an okay SK book. I held on till the end. The story is about a building contractor who's in a near death accident. The accident has left Edgar Freemantle minus one arm and a mean temperament which costs his marriage. Relocating to sunny Florida he rents a beach home and picks up his past desire to draw. The pictures he draws are great but hold a certain mystery to them. He befriends his beach neighbors and he learns the local history of the unfortunate Eastlake family.

Meanwhile Edgar become a local celebrity due to his artwork. However there are evil forces at work here. Reaching Edgar throught his paintings and somehow manipulating his life and the ones he love.

The book was at least 200 pages too long. I'm a big SK fan since the mid 70s. I think his earlier works greatly outshine Duma Key.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Duma Key.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tim (new)

Tim i've heard good things about this, but was sceptical because i don't like latter day SK - vintage only - and from what you've told me, it doesn't compare to his early stuff. and i trust you when it comes to horror!

Cliff Hi Tim:

I wouldn't steer you down the wrong path!