Lexie's Reviews > Sacrificial Magic

Sacrificial Magic by Stacia Kane

Jan 23, 12

bookshelves: book-type-arc, review-romance-reader-at-heart, genre-urban-fantasy
Read on January 23, 2012

Prelim Review: This is more of a 4.5--and that .5 is only taken off because holee hell on a stick there is going to be smackdowns in the next book and I don't know who to vote for. I mean I really like Terrible--something about the man just makes me feel warm and smile. But Lex. Oh man. We share a name! And the cadence of his speech just sounds...beautiful. Of the two Lex is more my type honestly.

Chess just doesn't get a break from the crap life is tossing at her. And this time something far better then any high she has ever been on is offered, is sampled, and it broke my heart. I give her credit, she laid it all out for Terrible. She put herself out there for him in so many ways, just like he does for her.

Its been a few months since I've been cruising Downside so the slang and speech patterns initially threw me for a loop. One of the things I love about the Downside books is that Kane DOES infuse the books with a lot of slang, colloquialisms and street talk. Kane immerses you into the language head first, rarely pausing to have Chess explain something and usually giving the reader context to decipher.

Full review to be posted at Romance Reader at Heart

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sacrificial Magic.