Julianna's Reviews > The Beginning

Sep 13, 10

bookshelves: desert-island-keepers, paranormal-romance, read-2008
Read in January, 2008, read count: 1

Reviewed for THC Reviews
"4.5 stars" This short, thirty-page novella used to be considered the second story in the Dark-Hunter series, and that is the order in which I read it. It gives an introduction to Acheron, and tells how he became the leader of the Dark-Hunters. Despite it's brevity, I found the tale to be very engaging, something of a missing chapter in the saga. In such a short space, Ms. Kenyon managed to create a character who was extremely intriguing, and I am anxious to read more about Acheron in the future. If I had read this novella on it's own without knowledge of it's connecting stories, I probably would have found it to be unsatisfying, but knowing that there is so much more to come, it simply whetted my appetite for future offerings in the Dark-Hunter series. The Beginning is now found in its entirety within the full-length novel, Acheron. It was previously published as a separate novella in the back of early editions of Sins of the Night, and can now also be read on Sherrilyn Kenyon's website for free.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Beginning.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I enjoyed this story, also. But then, I adore Acheron and sobbed... I mean SOBBED while reading his book.

message 2: by Julianna (last edited Sep 13, 2010 07:35PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Julianna Me too, Dhestiny. I love it every time Ash shows up in one of the books. He just steals every scene. I can't wait to get to his book.:-)

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Be sure you have plenty of tissues on hand!!! The first part was gut wrenching, heartbreaking... infuriating... and so, so good.

message 4: by Eshani (new)

Eshani Should i read this even though ive read Acheron??

Julianna If you've already read Acheron, you probably wouldn't need to. I haven't read Acheron yet, but it's my understanding that this novella was incorporated into the book. As far as I know it's available for free on SK's website if you want to verify that. I read it way back at the beginning of the DH series and thought it was a great introduction to Acheron's character.