Kelly Flanagan's Reviews > All That Lives Must Die

All That Lives Must Die by Eric S. Nylund

Sep 15, 10

Read from September 13 to 15, 2010

Yet again Eric Nylund surprises me. Thank God for that. I hate books that follow a plot in which you can see the last page from the hills of the first page. No, a good book has just enough twists,turns and switchbacks, along with detours, 'dead end look-alike' corners etc. So that even though you are standing on a tall hill at the beginning of the book, and you can make out, barely, a few of the switchbacks, and lower bits of plot, at no time is the map obvious.
But I digress. Read this series. It starts with Mortal Coil, and continues with this book, All That Lives Must Die. The twins are thrown into more of the 'families' drama. Beyond high school, there are loves, laughs, lithium (care of the 'Lady' Sealiah of Hell), and laws that create a battery of incidents that help the two of them to look at who they are. Not who their families or others want them to be.
Although Hell, infernal/immortal or just magical 'people' aren't everyday occurrences in our 'reality' This book really takes a look at what makes us US. How everyone, has a reason behind what they do, that not all reasons are good, and that sometimes you can't follow the path others expect of you. And of course that our parents (ya, Gods forbid) aren't infallible. Even if they are the Gods, themselves.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All That Lives Must Die.

09/13/2010 page 187