Blodeuedd Finland's Reviews > Blameless

1962503
Sep 14, 10

bookshelves: steampunk, paranormal-romance
Read from September 13 to 14, 2010

I have been waiting for this book since that evil cliffhanger in book 2, the one that had me craving this book. It may not have been an evil cliffhanger in this book, but I still want book 4. But the wait, oh so long.

Spoilers from previous books will follow.

Alexia has moved in with her horrible family after Conall threw her out, that wicked beast, but then he is dead, and she is pregnant. To get to bottom of this she heads to Italy and to try to get some answers from The Templars, who hunts all paranormal things, and thinks she is an abomination. She is also hunted by vampires who wants her dead.

Alexia is as fun as ever, she barely escapes an attempt on her life, and what does she do, well duh, she goes to drink tea to calm her nerves. In this book she spends most of her time of Madam Lefroux, who flirts with her, and loyal servant Floote who has some hidden talents. Sadly not much of the book is between Lord Maccon and Alexia for obvious reasons, though it is fun to see him drunk and upset. And to my uttermost sorrow, almost no Lord Akeldama! He is missed for sure.

The Templars, those Italians, tsk. Not the nicest of people.

It is a fun book as always, and I have a sneaking suspicion that Miss Carriger is sitting there giggling while writing. How could she not.

There is adventure, there is teadrinking, and manners. A lady cannot forget her manners even if attacked. I do love this series, and it was a good book that kept me reading, but I did miss Akeldama.

Favorite quote:

"He wore no cravat, to Floote's obvious dismay. Alexia was, perhaps less shocked by the missing cravat than she should have been."

Blodeuedd's Cover Corner : Love

Final thoughts; If you haven't started this series then do.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blameless.

Nina WHAT!Almost no Lord Akeldama!OMG.

Blodeuedd Finland I know! I missed that weird vampire