Jane Stewart's Reviews > Warrior

Warrior by Jaid Black

Sep 13, 2010

bookshelves: time-travel-fantasy-romance, erotic-time-travel-romance
Read in March, 2008

Nice escape for one story (4 stars). Only ok for second story (3 stars).

4 stars for GOD OF FIRE by Jaid Black.
Fun and enjoyable. This was one of the first stories Jaid wrote and is a little less explicit than her later works. The gods are being mischievous among themselves. They bring Dara from the future 2003 to Ragnar, a Viking in 820 AD. He needs to get her pregnant within 3 months to meet the gods' requests. It was a nice escape for romance and sex.

Data:
Sexual language: strong. Number of sex scenes: sixteen. Setting 2003 Ohio US and 820 AD Norway. Copyright: 2000. Genre: time travel fantasy romance.

Other Books:
For a list of my reviews of other Jaid Black books, see my 5 star review of “One Dark Night” posted 4/2/08.

3 stars for KIERAN THE BLACK by Julia Templeton.
Ok story, but it was lacking in emotional fulfillment for me. There were a lot of sex scenes, but they were pretty similar to each other. I like erotic stories but I prefer those which have something else like laughter, surprise, witty conversation, anticipation of an emotional relationship or feelings of fulfillment. This story was missing something for me.

Story Brief:
Current day Lizzie time travels to 1067 where she finds herself as the wife of Kieran the Black. The wife she replaced hated him and was still a virgin. She flirts with Kieran and his knights. She initiates sex with him. They have a great relationship. She tries to prevent his early death by warning him that he will be killed by his own knight Hugh.

Data:
Sexual language: strong. Number of sex scenes: twelve. Setting: current day and 1067 England. Copyright: 2003. Genre: erotic time travel romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Warrior.