Jane Stewart's Reviews > Ellora's Cavemen: Legendary Tails IV

Ellora's Cavemen by Jaid Black

Three of the six stories were enjoyable, not great, but good.

This book consists of six short stories, described below.

3 stars for KEEPER OF TOMORROWS by Ravyn Wilde.
I enjoyed this. There were some creative ideas, for example: binding pollen. During sex, Talon's skin is covered with pollen which is an aphrodisiac to Raine. Talon comes to earth from another realm. He needs to mate with Raine and convert her to his species so together they can fight a soul vampire, which recently came to earth from another realm. Story length: 45 pages. Sexual language: erotic. Number of sex scenes: four. Setting: current day earth and another realm. Copyright: 2005. Genre: erotic paranormal romance.

3 stars for SEEDS OF YESTERDAY by Jaid Black.
It was a good story and well told, but I didn't like that the couple stayed away from each other due to poor communication and inaccurate assumptions about each other. For that reason only I gave this 3 stars instead of 4. Poor girl, Trina, is best friends with rich girl, Amy. Amy is into drugs and her family blames Trina. Trina has been attracted to Amy's brother Daniel for years, but believes Daniel hates her. Trina moves away and does not return until Amy dies, 14 years later. Story length: 56 pages. Sexual language: erotic. Number of sex scenes: three. Setting: current day U.S. and England. Copyright: 2005. Genre: erotic contemporary romance.

Other Books:
For a list of my reviews of other Jaid Black books, see my 5 star review of “One Dark Night” posted 4/2/08.

3 stars for ORGASM FAIRY by Ashleigh Raine.
Story was ok. After Cammie dies she is an orgasm fairy, giving orgasms to living humans but cannot experience any herself in her fairy form. She then meets Neal. Story length: 48 pages. Sexual language: erotic. Number of sex scenes: five. Setting: current day unspecified town. Copyright: 2005. Genre: erotic paranormal romance.

2 stars for OVERCOME by Marly Chance.
Ok, but I found myself a little bit wanting it to end. Rowan is a secret agent who stole some plans from the Lansorians and is imprisoned by them. Flynn is hired by the Lansorians to seduce her in prison to find out what she knows. Story length: 41 pages. Sexual language: erotic. Number of sex scenes: one lengthy. Setting: future time on the planet Lansor. Copyright: 2005. Genre: erotic science fiction romance.

2 stars for A LOVE ETERNAL by N.J. Walters.
A little different. Ok. A woman with a brain tumor meets Death, who calls himself Seth. They meet before she is to die. Story length: 41 pages. Sexual language: erotic. Number of sex scenes: four. Setting: current day unspecified town. Copyright: 2005. Genre: erotic paranormal romance.

1 star for SECRETS WE KEEP by Mandy M. Roth.
There was a nice platonic relationship between Trisha and Dane. However, I did not like that they loved and wanted each other for seven years but stayed apart because of vague communication and inaccurate assumptions about each other - a pet peeve of mine. Story length: 35 pages. Sexual language: erotic. Number of sex scenes: three. Setting: current day unspecified town. Copyright: 2005. Genre: erotic paranormal romance.

CAUTION SPOILER:
The same thing (inaccurate assumptions) occurred with the leaders of the werewolf pack. The leaders lied to Dane, telling him that it was against their laws for a werewolf to mate with a human. After he finally broke the law and mated with Trisha, the leaders told him that it was ok and that there never was a law. They were surprised it took him so long to break the "nonexistent law." This kind of plot does not work for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ellora's Cavemen.