Jane Stewart's Reviews > A Loving Scoundrel

A Loving Scoundrel by Johanna Lindsey

Sep 13, 10

bookshelves: regency-romance, female-disguised-as-male, 5-star-historical-romance
Read in June, 2008

Excellent read. I didn't want to put it down.

To date, I've read twelve books by J. Lindsey and my two favorites are this book and "Gentle Rogue." Both of them have a girl dressed as and pretending to be a boy. The two heroes are Jeremy in this book, and his father James in "Gentle Rogue." In this book, there were some clever lines and scenes. I admired the way Danny (the heroine) would face someone and tell them the truth about why she was leaving or what she thought instead of running off without explanation. She was wonderfully street smart. I loved reading about her. The ending was heart warming regarding the gang from the slums. I loved the events at the end with Dagger.

CAUTION SPOILERS: I enjoyed seeing the following: I think it was twice that one of Jeremy's relatives assumed that Danny was his mistress. Danny would deny it and the relative would say something similar to "maybe not yet, but you will be. He wants you and he always gets any woman he wants." I also loved Jeremy's comments at the end that if Danny had stayed with her mother and never been in the gang, he would never have been allowed to spend time with her or get to know her. And, he would never know that he would be miserable without her.

Sexual language: mild. Number of sex scenes: three. Setting: early 1800s London. Copyright: 2004. Genre: regency romance.

For a list of my reviews of other Johanna Lindsey books, see my 5 star review of “Gentle Rogue” posted 6/14/08.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Loving Scoundrel.