Lynn's Reviews > Republican Gomorrah: Inside the Movement that Shattered the Party

Republican Gomorrah by Max Blumenthal

F_50x66
Sep 12, 10

This book was interesting, but I kept asking myself "compared to what?" I'd love to hear some stats comparing the hypocritical Republican sexual transgressions with those of the Democratic party or even non-evangelical Republicans.

The book never claimed to be a public policy study about ethical breaches, so I can't really fault it for not being one, but I would have loved it if it was!

Also, I would have appreciated if the author had done more comparison between the Republican party before and after being infiltrated by the "family". It's a complaint that I hear from time to time by "economic Republicans" and it seems clear that there is some resentment in the Republican party by some politicians who aren't aligned, but have to cater to the powerful evangelical lobby, but it doesn't seem to be one that is often explored in depth.

Overall an interesting book that was what it was advertised as, but left me wanting more critical analysis.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Republican Gomorrah.