Dan's Reviews > The Passage

The Passage by Justin Cronin

Nov 22, 10

Read in November, 2010

I've had bad luck with books lately because I seem to pick ones that start out with a huge bang and end with a disappointing whimper. This book by Justin Cronin was the latest in that series of books. The beginning is rip-roaring and page-turning. Even the middle section is cool because I did not see the author taking the turn he did. I figured that this would be a book that stayed with the same characters throughout, but it takes a decidedly different turn in the middle. I hate to be so vague here but I don't want to give too much away. However, the ending was terrible. It seemed like just another ending that someone came up with as if they said, "Hey, I need to figure out how this is going to end!" The ending was lackluster and barely tied things up. It was too convenient and, dare I say, boring.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Passage.

message 1: by Amy (last edited Dec 23, 2012 09:15AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy I got stuck in the middle -- I finally powered through and finished it by skipping a chapter now and then. But what am I reading now? Yes, The Twelve. I'm a glutton for punishment.

message 2: by Dan (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dan Glutton for punishment! I love it. Good luck with "The Twelve." We'll have to discuss in January.

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy Definitely. I'm stuck on this one with 200 pages to go, now. We'll see if I'm done by January. Skimming, here I come.