Amy's Reviews > Naked

bookshelves: 11th-grade-books
Read in September, 2010

Naked
By: David Sedaris

I didn't really enjoy this book. Although I didn't enjoy this book, there are some parts that are funny. It's a book full of his memories that started when he was young. The books I enjoy are not based off memories.

So the protagonist is himself, David. It's like short stories in a big book, but the book is about him and his family members. The "short stories" are based off memories of his childhood. There was one chapter that was interesting was the one where they had their own little mystery to unravel within their own house. The mystery was about the brown towels and who uses them to wipe their own behind? To be in David's shoes, I wouldn't dare to put embarrassing stories in a book. But he did it because it's funny the way he writes it.

This book wasn't such a thriller. It wasn't a thriller for reasons because to me it wasn't that interesting. I don't like books that are memoirs because to me, memoirs are person and aren't for people to read.

I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone but to adults that would enjoy some humor once in a while. This book would be a big bore for certain teenagers, but others it might be interesting. I'm one of the certain teenagers that found this book quite boring with some exceptional parts.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naked.