Silvia's Reviews > City of Fallen Angels

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

Apr 26, 11

Read in April, 2011

Okay... So first of all, this book took me forever to read. I am mostly attributing this to the fact that I was on vacation for 10 days, and not to the fact that this book just Did Not Grab Me! Which, I must say, I was really upset about. I am a total Mortal Instruments fan. I devoured the first three books in no time flat. But this book, Meh... it just didn't do it for me.
First of all, I really missed the "old" Jace that we met and loved in the first 3 books. He was my most favorite character in the series. And it was because of the personality that Cassandra put into him, he was a strong, sarcastic, funny guy; and well... I think he lost him somewhere in the Portal. And yeah, I understand some bad stuff happened in City of Glass, however, Man Up Jace!
That being said. I did kinda dig some more emphasis on Simon and his whole world, and I of course, Love Magnus Bane. He's super awesome, especially with such a super awesome name, and fan-tab-ulous wardrobe.
But yeah, this book... I felt like it was really lacking the "oomph" the all the other books had, which was super disappointing to me, and I also felt like I had to push thru to the end.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Fallen Angels.

Me, My Shelf and I meh. just finished it. This is my favorite YS series and I'm let down.

Silvia lol! this one is taking me FOREVER to finish. But to be fair, I was on vacation for 10 days :) Will let you know when I finish it.