Sophie's Reviews > Dancing with the Devil

Dancing with the Devil by Keri Arthur

Jun 08, 11

bookshelves: paranormal, series, romance
Read from June 06 to 07, 2011 — I own a copy

Before I read this book I had heard a lot of good things about it, which made this story all the more disappointing.

I really couldn't get into the book. I kept waiting for it to get better and ended up skim reading the end half because I just wanted it to be over with!!

The biggest disappointment in my eyes is the character development, or lack there of! I felt that all characters required just a bit more depth to them and couldn’t get over how lackless their first meeting was! There was just nothing there! It left the entire story feeling flat and the characters became more and more annoying – especially Nikki! I couldn’t help but feel bored all the way through and frustrated over the actions and dilogue of each of the characters. Jasper (the baddie) had the most potential but as this is supposed to be mainly about the relationship between Michael and Nikki I was left wondering why on earth they all of a sudden loved each other so much and why on earth Michael was putting up with all of Nikki’s stubborn, stupid, pig-headed behaviour. I get that she had trauma in her past and lived on the streets for 4 years in a gang so that develops certain trust issues in a person but this was just ridiculous. I didn’t not feel any form of empathy, sympathy or really any other emotion towards Nikki except severe disgust and irritation. Not the best thing for the leading heroine. As for Michael, he was unoriginal and a bit of a push-over. He had so real charisma or personality and I never really got what he saw in Nikki or why he put up with all of her stupidity; it made him seem idiotic and weak in my eyes.

I always try and write something positive within my reviews – so here goes… Jasper (villain) had definite potential, as mentioned before. He was probably the most developed character in the story and I did look forward to reading more about his master plans etc… but this was just not enough to make the book worthwhile for me.

So overall, this is the first Keri Arthur book that I have read and I really wished I hadn’t even bothered. I will not be continuing with her books at any time in the foreseeable and unforeseeable future.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dancing with the Devil.

06/06/2011 page 106
36.0% "So bored with this one! Main characters are in no way original & the chemistry between them is non-existant. Extremely predictable and in no way engaging. So far I just can't wait til its over."