Lester's Reviews > If I did it : Confessions of the Killer

Sep 11, 2010

did not like it
bookshelves: 2010, nonfiction, awful, crime, death, delusional
Read from September 15 to 16, 2010

** spoiler alert ** The world's first ever one-star recommendation.

The way the Juice attempts to portray himself is next to hilarious. To sum this book up the way OJ and his ghostwriter not-so-eloquently put it: he's a just a good guy who always looked out for his wife and his two kids, put up with Nicole's bullshit for years, wanted nothing more than to move on with his new girl, and, BAM, instant amnesia.

The way the murder chapter plays out is totally weird/creepy/poorly written. Although there's a pretty easy distinction between the "fantasy" and "memoir" portions, there's no real sense of cohesion to it and the fact that he forgot what happened in the hypothetical murder will never not be fucking retarded. What a homicidal cocktease this guy is. You were standing right there, dude!

Despite the title and what the Goldman family would like you to believe, OJ doesn't confess to anything other than being a devoted, wholesome family man. But it's still utterly delusional, and short enough to get through within a day or two, so it's worth a look.

Oh holy shit I forgot to mention the BEST part of the book: the revelation that Dan Rather on the radio pissed OJ off so much that he aborted his plans to commit suicide on the Bronco just to prove him wrong. Dan Rather saved OJ Simpson's life. Amazing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I did it .

09/15/2010 page 0
0.0% "i think the prologue is annoying"
02/11/2016 marked as: read