Pdxstacey's Reviews > Lulu Meets God and Doubts Him

Lulu Meets God and Doubts Him by Danielle Ganek

Jan 09, 08

bookshelves: currently-reading
Recommended for: slightly depressed chick lit art fans not on South Beach diet
Read in January, 2008

I was looking for something light and fluffy and entertaining because I am afraid to read the Omnivore's Dilemma. I am on the South Beach diet and this is not the time to read about the meat industry.

This book didn't even make me miss NY. It made me depressed. This dumb girl has worked in the same gallery for 5 years, lives in manhattan and nothing is happening for her. She wants to paint and she is not good. Well, I can sort of relate to that.

This reminds me of Shopgirl, except that it's not good. I did enjoy her descriptions of people who go to galleries in Chelsea.

The end leads you to think she is going to write instead of paint. Hmm, maybe she should go back to just wishing she painted.

Also, I did not appreciate the descriptions of delicious juicy cheeseburger options, or the amazing pasta her crush made. Or the wonderful fries at the dive bar.

If anyone has suggestions of entertaining books where the characters enjoy small snacks like celery and laughing cow cheese or egg cups for breakfast, I'd be willing to read it this week.

I am going to have pork chops tomorrow, but I am getting them from a farm that plays counrty music for the pigs... until they are butchered, and guilty omnivores like me eat them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lulu Meets God and Doubts Him.