Stephanie 's Reviews > Choke

Choke by Obert Skye

Jan 17, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Recommended for: Those who love sarcasm, have dilligence, and enjoy a great plot.
Read from September 23, 2010 to January 17, 2011, read count: 1

First of all, I recommend this book to anyone who has dillengce (because it takes a while to get started), loves sarcasm, and loves a great plot.

As much as I hate it, I must start with the bad part and get it out of the way. There is only one reason that I cannot give this book five stars. It took Obert Skye roughly, give or take a few pages, 170 pages to get the book started. I wish I had finished this book earlier than
I did but the first half of the book was barely enough to keep me going. I mean it took me a few months to finish this. Part of that is because I had a defective copy the first time but even after that. I mean, half the reason why I continued to pick this book up was so I could write a review on it.

Now, the bad part is done. Here's the good. After I hit (roughly) page 170, I did not want to put the book down. I would have finished it a day earlier if I had been allowed to stay up a bit later. Finished it right before school in the morning. It was amazing! Through out most of the book you're going okay, Beck can't trust them. Then you get to the end and you're going, "okay" and then you go "no!" because you're allowed just enough time for your opion to change. Then you find that it shouldn't have changed. You just don't know who to trust anymore.

There was a very surprising ending and I can't wait to see what Skye comes up with next. I really do hope he writes a third book to this series. It just wouldn't be complete without a third and final book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Choke.

Quotes Stephanie Liked

Obert Skye
“What are you up to?"
"I was trying to climb that tree. But I fell. Now I'm bored.”
Obert Skye, Choke

09/23/2010 page 100
01/14/2011 page 138
39.0% "It's taking a while for this book to really get started."
show 4 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Stephanie I have a defective book!!!!! I have 100 repeated pages and about 100 missing ones!!!