Kelli Sutton's Reviews > The Runaway Jury

The Runaway Jury by John Grisham

Sep 21, 10

Climax. That is what stuck out to me most about this story. Through out the story you always wanted to know what was up with the main character. He was someone that you just couldn't figure it out. And just when you thought you knew where the story was going bam! the author hit you with the climax.

As a writer I greatly admire Grisham's use of climax. This isn't the first book of his that I have read where he implores this use of climax. As a writer of a story of suspense or a thriller you must have that major climax that is going to make you reader want to read the ending to the story. By building up and building up the story and adding in twists and turns you have the reader holding on and wanting to find out where this journey is going to lead.

Myself as a writer have really loved to use this use of climax in my stories. Having the reader continue on with me through out the story to see what is going to happen and then to hit them with the climax that just brings everything together is something that I have really enjoyed writing. Although I don't really like to write fiction, this is a type of fiction that really draws me into the genre.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Runaway Jury.