Joshua Nomen-Mutatio's Reviews > Super Sad True Love Story

Sep 15, 10

bookshelves: fiction
Read from September 10 to 15, 2010

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Super Sad True Love Story.

09/10/2010 page 185
56.0% "Not as bad as David's and Krok's trustworthy ratings led me to believe it would be. Plowed through 185 pages pretty damn quickly and enjoyably. We'll see how it holds up..."

Krok Zero It does start out well, but loses a lot of steam near the end. I was probably a little harsh on it. It's enjoyable, but both the satire and the love story get progressively thinner.

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica oh, what do you think so far MFSO?

message 3: by Joshua Nomen-Mutatio (last edited Sep 11, 2010 12:42AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio I like it. I can see what could be annoying about elements of it, but I happened to be in a particular mood that allowed me to look through these things while reading it earlier and was just happy to be entertained by something while immensely bored and in need of escapism earlier today. Some of the death-anxiety stuff is resonating with me pretty strongly. The love story I'm not really gripped by at all. The satire is a bit much sometimes and not terribly unique but it's still pretty funny.

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica oh thanks,
need to try it--

message 5: by David (last edited Sep 11, 2010 01:25PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

David A lousy book. Nothing is worse than a humorous book that isn't.

message 6: by Jessica (last edited Jul 26, 2011 01:09PM) (new)

Jessica hmmmm....very true.
will have to see how this one falls out for me.

message 7: by Nate D (new)

Nate D Hmmm, yeah, that's how I felt about his earlier books, David. I'm think I'll be steering clear.