Lola Wallace's Reviews > Of Plymouth Plantation, 1620-1647

Of Plymouth Plantation, 1620-1647 by William Bradford

Oct 06, 10

bookshelves: 17th-cent, americana, history, grad-school-coursework, memoirsetc
Read from September 10 to October 06, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Plymouth Plantation, 1620-1647.

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 4: by Grace (new)

Grace did you know that we're related to his wife and her 1st husband?! (she came over on the boat after the Mayflower, so she's not one of our Mayflower ancestors)

Lola Wallace I have to read this for two classes, and just searched my Gmail for your Mayflower-related emails. we are so very American! aren't we also related to Wm Brewster?

message 2: by Grace (new)

Grace yep, we're related to his daughter Patience (sadly, not kid Wrestling, Fear, or Love, but they are family names if you ever need one for a kid), who then married Gov. Thomas Prence (and their grandkid married a Knowles). Bradford's stepson was Constant, his granddaughter married Idido Butts, whose mother was witch Alice Lake (who thought she deserved to die b/c she tried to give herself an abortion once, even though she failed and wasn't a witch). She's the witch of ours whose grave I most want to visit. Also, look what we can buy:

message 1: by Grace (new)

Grace also, it is Brewster whom we share with Sarah Palin, up until some Knowles daughter married into her family (but Katherine Hepburn and others who aren't horrible are also descended from Brewster, though not as closely to us)