Malbadeen's Reviews > I Thought You Would Be Funnier

I Thought You Would Be Funnier by Shannon Wheeler

Apr 09, 11

bookshelves: comics-graphic-novels, funny

Had it at 4 stars (I was begrudging the book for not being longer - Come on Wheeler, get rejected some more) but I find myself picking it up more often than a lot of others, as well as seeing certain comics pop into my head at various social functions (especially the killing the conversation with Wikipedia one- - - ohhhh, aren't you curios now?)So an additional star for staying power (which is more than I can say for my ex <------wa-ha-ha-ah! That's not even true but it was just too easy to pass up, which is exactly what you can say about me <-------again not true).

oh AND THIS ONE WAS JUST NOMINATED FOR AN EISNER - so naturally I need to add the star, because I lost some credit when people found out I like "Burn the Honeysuckle" by the Gourds and I'd like to redeem myself by saying I can pick out some good shit too, you know (and I'd also like to say quit being snobs and learn to enjoy that song).

Anywho, like I said before (you're all following these posts and re-posts, right?)...

The more absurd, the better I liked the panel. It would have only been better if there were more. Come on, I could laugh at those Monkeys and clowns for hours!

And if the guy at the comic book shop didn't act condescending to me, It would have been better then, If when I asked a question about an R. Crumb product he weren't a butt head, because you know what guy-at-the-comic-book-store? they're way nice at Floating World and I got a pocket full of Financial Aide burning a whole in my pocket and I'm willing to spend it anywhere. So yes I "Know who R. Crumb is" I was born in 1970 and I have 3 brothers. duh! Now give me my Damn book and throw in that Postage Stamp collection while you're at it and I'll take the stupid Kafka biography by R. Crumb but you know what? After that I'm outta here!" (until Powell's is once again out of something I want and then I'm back - but I'm not going to smile anymore that's for darn tootin sure!).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Thought You Would Be Funnier.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! Comic book guy! So it's not a Simpsons invention?

Malbadeen weeeelllll, he wasn't THAT bad. I'm kind of self conscious while being in comic shops so I probably over read it but they're really so so so nice every time (admittedly few) when I've been to Floating World.