Sari's Reviews > The Invention of Hugo Cabret

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick

Jan 23, 08

Recommended for: kids and people who like fantasy
Read in January, 2008

I picked this book up for my nine year old son, and read it myself before he could even get to it. The book is huge but don't let that intimidate your kids - it's chock full of drawings, and a lot of the pages hardly have any text on them at all.

The story is interesting and appealing - I enjoyed it and my son is now reading it and enjoys it as well. I'd certainly read any more books by this author - his storytelling is great and his illustrations (he did them himself) are a wonderful addition.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Invention of Hugo Cabret.

message 1: by Katy (new) - added it

Katy Good review, I think I'll grab this from the library and read it with Michael. Scorsese has apparently made it into a movie, we saw the preview before HP this weekend. It looks really great.

Sari We saw that too - Jake and I both read the book last year and enjoyed it. It's big, but mostly pictures, so don't let it intimidate Michael.

Sari Oh, I just looked at my review. Apparently we read it in 2008! Time flies. ;-)