Lynette's Reviews > Confessions of a Teenage Psychic

Confessions of a Teenage Psychic by Pamela Woods-Jackson

Sep 10, 10

Read in July, 2010

Caryn Alderson has always had trouble fitting in. She’s never had a lot of friends because she has a habit of blurting out things about people that she couldn’t possibly know otherwise. That’s because she’s psychic. So when she moves from Texas to Indiana, she feels she has a chance to make a fresh start if only if she can keep her psychic tendencies under control. The only problem is that her psychic powers are getting stronger. She blurted out a prediction to the boy she has a crush on that hurt him, and her secret is not as secret as she would’ve liked.

Before I begin my review of CONFESSIONS OF A TEENAGE PSYCHIC, I need to make my apologies to the author. CONFESSIONS OF A TEENAGE PSYCHIC has been in my to be read pile for several months. I read the first page or so and decided that I didn’t think I was going to like it like I thought I would so I set it aside and only to recently picked it back up again. When I picked CONFESSIONS OF A TEENAGE PSYCHIC back up, I loved it and tore through the pages. In my defense, I had the same reaction when I first picked up Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and look what happened there!

I loved the heroine Caryn. She was believable and something that isn’t always found in young adult novels, she acted like a teenager. Yet, she did it in ways that translate as not annoying as heck to an adult reader. Instead of stereotypical characters, everyone inside CONFESSIONS OF A TEENAGE PSYCHIC felt real.

Although the storyline was typical; new girl in town, gets crush on the most popular boy in school, CONFESSION OF A TEENAGE PSYCHIC was told in such a refreshing way that I believed it and Caryn. I would definitely read this author again.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of a Teenage Psychic.