Emanuela ~plastic duck~'s Reviews > Lover Mine

Lover Mine by J.R. Ward

Jan 03, 2011

bookshelves: paranormal
Read from January 02 to 03, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This is NOT a review, just random thoughts.

I think it could have been condensed, there were times I thought it was dragging out a bit.

I was glad JM and Xhex had so much page space, unlike the last two books where the main couple's romance was cramped into a lot of other things.

Qhuinn and Blay? A trainwreck. Qhuinn: I don't know if I want to slap you or hold you. Blay has no alternatives at the moment. Saxton is sleazy, but not so bad, I mean, he knows what to do and how to get it, Qhuinn should learn from him. Then kick him out of the mansion and take Blay. Blay is innocent of any wrong doing, but I wish he wasn't misreading Qhuinn like that. What's doing????

Layla: take your paws off Qhuinn and get a life!

Tohr: I'm glad to see you back on track.

I think Darius was awesome, if I had known it before reading the first book, I would have mourned him more.

Murhder: my new obsession. Raaawwwr! The TV crew plot was needed, but... it was like the writing of a "normal" contemporary romance thrown into a BDB's book! It was as if I was hallucinating.

No'One: I feel sorry for you. What will happen? She's in the mansion, so we'll see in the next book how it will play out.

Payne: she'll be the focus of the next book. I don't know if I'm more interested in her and her future love interest or in how her appearance will affect Vishous. I guess V'll lose it somehow. Things don't look good for the Scribe Virgin.

Rest in peace, Lash, see you in hell. I'm kind of sad you were disposed of because the Lesser's bit were more interesting with you. I also liked you were running interference with your dad, the Omega. You were a true bad guy, you'll be missed.

Maybe the Lesser's thing will not be very important in the next book, as it was only relatively important in V's book. I think there'll be hard times coming for the Scribe Virgin.

The parallel between the Scribe Virgin and the Omega's failure as parents is rather interesting. I don't think this will turn the BDB books into sociological essays, but hey, I like when things are balanced in the world building.

On a general note, I like the way the destinies of JM, Xhex, Darius, No'One and Tohr were wrapped up together.

Waiting anxiously for the next book!
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Mine.

01/02/2011
20.0% 3 comments
01/02/2011
65.0% 18 comments
01/03/2011
94.0% "I hate when lunch break ends just when I'm finishing"
show 1 hidden update…

Bookwatcher It's an amazingnbook but I got the impression that was too much info in one single book
Is confusing sometimes with all the 100 parallels stuff happening :-/

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ Yes, you are right, especially when you're more interested in some parts than in others!

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ Thanks Danielle, it's more a non-review than a review, but I needed it to see it written down for future reference. Sometimes my enjoyment of a book depends on my mood :)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) I liked the concise way you summed up your thoughts on the book.

Bookwatcher Yah Lady you ar right, Manu's reviews are always the best
:-)

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ Awww shucks :)

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide I bet I now which parts you were "more" interested in. LOL! I'm sure it had to do with two smexy guys and some drama! ;)

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ Jessa, you read me like a book ;)