Emanuela ~plastic duck~'s Reviews > Cowgirls Don't Cry

Cowgirls Don't Cry by Lorelei James

Jan 07, 11

bookshelves: cowboys, romance
Read from January 05 to 06, 2011

I had to distance myself from the book a bit to write this review. Where do I begin? Horrible horrible prologue. It was unbelievable. I think the lack of Jessie's self-esteem could have been shown in a more normal encounter. And the way Brandt reacted? I can't believe he was in a threesome with Jessie and an asshole because he didn't want to humiliate Jessie. It's so convoluted that my brain just can't grasp it! It was all wrong and if you skip the prologue and read the rest, you won't miss anything because it doesn't add anything to the characters.

Maybe it's because of this horrible beginning, it took me some time to warm up to the characters. I didn't feel in the story with them, it was as if I was looking from the outside through a glass. First of all, I was really worried about the little Landon, Luke's son. I feel so much invested in kids' welfare when they are in a story and I could really feel the confusion of the child. Maybe I was so worried about Dalton, that Jessie and Brandt's relationship paled in comparison. Maybe it's because of the prologue (again), but I didn't really know where they stood. Only when, further into the book, things were put into perspective and their background was fully explored, I was finally able to enjoy their love story.

The end was very beautiful, especially what happened with Landon. Tell and Dalton are adorable, Chase is intriguing and Ben is beginning to sound interesting, so I'm looking forward to their stories.

So, for me, the book began awfully, dragged in the middle and ended beautifully and that's the reason of my rating. I feel disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cowgirls Don't Cry.

01/06/2011
23.0% "I don't know if I've bought the story line yet"
01/06/2011
35.0% "We're not sleeping together. And if we're gonna act like a married couple then I want you naked in my bed every night. Finally! I was worried :)" 1 comment
01/06/2011
48.0% "I like both Brandt and Jessie, but there's something wrong I can't put my finger on... scratching my head"
01/06/2011
71.0% "When will the story move on?"