Lynette's Reviews > Till Dawn with the Devil: Lords of Vice

Till Dawn with the Devil by Alexandra Hawkins

Sep 10, 10

Read in September, 2010

TILL DAWN WITH THE DEVIL is the first book I’ve read by this author and it won’t be the last. Sophia is a unique heroine and the mix of her strength, independence, and vulnerability pulled me in from the first page. Sophia is not a heroine that you read about every day and her uniqueness drew me to her. Gabriel was equally three-dimensional, though a somewhat typical hero. By this I mean, a strong man, who shuts himself off when he’s accused of a crime he didn’t commit.

I did have some other minor issues with TIL DAWN WITH THE DEVIL; I wished for a more emotional connection between Sophia and Gabriel that would’ve enhanced their physical relationship which seemed kinda bland. I also wished for more conflict between Gabriel and Sophia as the outside forces conspiring against them were so overwhelming and their blind belief in each other was kinda surprising. Despite this, I nearly devoured the book and loved at how the conflict was resolved in the end. It surprised me. I would definitely read Ms. Hawkins next release.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Till Dawn with the Devil.