Sharayu Gangurde's Reviews > Fear of Fifty

Fear of Fifty by Erica Jong

Sep 19, 2010

bookshelves: feminism-gender-studies
Read from September 10 to 19, 2010

One of the BEST BOOKS written by a feminist! I couldnt put this book down. It is easy reading, and very warm and candid. Erica Jong writes beautifully. All GIRLS must read it. It is that good. (Dont go by the title and classify it as something our mothers or women nearing/over fifty should read.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fear of Fifty.

09/10/2010 page 86
show 1 hidden update…

Tanya Hallam Agreed! I first read this in my early twenties and just reread it in my late 30's. It is still relevant and Erica Jong has one of the best writer's voices I've ever read.

message 3: by Sharayu (last edited Sep 27, 2014 07:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sharayu Gangurde I first read it fresh out of college. Will read it again soon. The book is hard to get in bookstores these days.

Tanya Hallam I've found several copies at thrift stores. I've "loaned" a few out with no return expectations just for it to be passed on.

Sharayu Gangurde I read this book at the American Library. I've been since looking for it in various bookstores around Mumbai, without any luck. "Women, Race and Class" by Angela Davis is also not available here. Its too expensive on Amazon or Flipkart. Thrift stores don't stock books on Feminism or Gender Studies here. :(