Colleen's Reviews > Diana Mosley: Mitford Beauty, British Fascist, Hitler's Angel

Diana Mosley by Anne de Courcy

Sep 09, 10

bookshelves: history
Read in September, 2010

Pretty good biography--there were parts I disliked and didn't see the point of it (the ghost mentions at the beginning--kind of odd and off topic).

It was a well rounded book that really did show many aspects of Diana Mosley--she was a legendary beauty, charming, cultured, apparently fun to know, and oh yeah a virulent racist and unrepentant friend of Hitler's. Didn't have really any sympathy for imprisonment and bad things in life whatsoever, because the more you read of her, the more of what a totally awful despicable person she was, is revealed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Diana Mosley.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy (new)

Nancy I've read quite a bit about the Mitford girls too and wonder how those enchanting children morphed into the women they became. I can't wrap my head around Diana. . .

Colleen I think she was a completely selfish woman with zero empathy. It's how she could find ocean liners filled with civilians being sunk amusing or her "oh well, it's not me" attitude about the Holocaust.

She had her good points, but the flaws for her overide everything else. The dynamics in that family are interesting though just because of the extreme personalities. And I do love Nancy. :) Did not realize that JK Rowlings is the #1 fan of Jessica Mitford and named her daughter after her until just the other day.

message 3: by Sketchbook (new)

Sketchbook Nancy & Jessica are special.