Valerie's Reviews > The Keepers' Tattoo

Oct 20, 10

bookshelves: fantasy
Recommended to Valerie by: Cara
Read from September 09 to October 11, 2010

I was looking forward to this book so I sort of had high expectations but it delivered. Maybe not the awww mind-blowing kind of delivery I was hoping for but still.

The story starts (after the prologue) with Nyssa being a young woman having a relatively normal life except for the fact that she is an orphan. She doesn't know her life is in danger. She doesn't know that a power crazed man named Alaric wants to find her and use the words tattooed on the back of her head. She doesn't know she had a twin brother. She doesn't know she is part of an ancient clan that she had always believed was a legend nothing more. Now she must run away with her uncle from everything she's known-or thought she knew-save her life and possibly more.

This is fantasy, however it doesn't have a map. Which is small thing but seriously, no map?

I liked that Nyssa wasn't given a love interest just for the sake of making things more dramatic. Nyssa is a good protagonist. She is smart and assertive. The point of view changes between a few character but it's mostly Nyssa.

One thing that I liked throughout the book was the group always staying together. At first it's only Nyssa and her uncle but eventually two more members are included later in their hiding escapade. It was nice to see that they were so caring towards one another even though they don't say all these mushy lines. They stuck together through the thick and thin however tempting it was to leave.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Keepers' Tattoo.

09/09/2010 page 18
09/11/2010 page 145
34.0% "Had to turn this in to the library so now I have to wait. *sigh* I hate late fees." 1 comment
09/29/2010 page 223
52.0% "I'm getting interested again but I have a feeling it'll be stolen from me by Ash." 4 comments
show 4 hidden updates…