Jelinas's Reviews > All Things Bright and Beautiful

All Things Bright and Beautiful by James Herriot

Sep 27, 2010

Read in September, 2010

All Things Bright and Beautiful is James Herriot's follow-up to All Creatures Great and Small and, much like his debut effort, this volume is filled with touching stories, rip-roaring humor, and, saturating everything else, a strong taste of the Yorkshire Dales. Herriot regales us with more tales from his experiences as a vet in rural Northern England.

He also arevisits his courtship of his wife and some of his misadventures along the way to marriage. And, of course, his good friends and colleagues Siegfried and Tristan Farnon are always there to provide entertainment.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: what makes Herriot's stories so fun to read is that, even though they're about animals, they're really about people. We can all identify with these stories of loss, triumph, hardship, and perseverance. And most of us can identify with the stories about making a fool of yourself, too.

Herriot's sophomore effort is one really just more of the same, but I ain't complainin' about that.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Things Bright and Beautiful.

02/17 marked as: read