Sharlene's Reviews > Tales of the Slayers

Tales of the Slayers by Joss Whedon

Sep 10, 10

bookshelves: 2010, graphic-novels, rip
Read in September, 2010

Tales of the Slayers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) introduces the different Slayers over time. It begins with ‘Prologue’, which is set in ancient Africa and reveals the first Slayer. But my favourites have to be Righteous and Presumption. Righteous is set in a medieval town and Presumption begins in a Jane Austen-ish way, at a lovely ball, and has a wonderful twist that made me immediately reread it, and marvel at the storyline.

Joss Whedon (the creator of ‘Buffy’) wrote three out of eight of the stories, including Righteous, and the rest were written by those involved with the TV show. The amazing illustrations are by a wonderful mix of artists, (who are described as “comics’ greatest artists” – unfortunately, I am quite ignorant about things like that and have never heard of any of them, but now that I have, I’ll definitely look out for these artists!), including Gene Colan, Tim Sale and P. Craig Russell, who all bring their very unique styles to the Slayer universe. Gorgeous!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tales of the Slayers.