Michelle. D.'s Reviews > Chain Reaction

Aug 19, 11

bookshelves: gotta-love-those-guys, want-to-own
Read on August 18, 2011

** spoiler alert **

Um... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

This has to be one of the best series I have ever read! All three books were amazing in there own ways. The characters were fin-nominal and awesome and went together so well!

Luis was like all Fuentes was like all Fuentes'. Sexy, witty, cocky, smart, passionate and did I forget to say SEXY! He was exceptional and was a great main lead!
Nicki was a great love interest for the youngest Fuentes! Sassy, sexy and just plain amazing! These two went along great and had some steamy moments together! Even steamier than that shower scene on the cover!!!
Along with the all the flirting attempts, crotch-kneeing, pool house kissing, hallway staring and much, much more!
Plus, their future is not bad looking either! With triplets and with one of them already starting his legacy with Frankie.
!!!

Alex and Brittany were amazing as ever! And let's not forget Paco!!! He was so adorable in this book and I can soooo imagine him in the future(as a player like all Fuentes men)! And I loved their wedding too!
Alex is still as fantastic as ever and Brittany is still as down to Earth as ever! It's hard to imagine that they ever had that intense romance that they had before(and still have but is not seen) in Perfect Chemistry!

Carlos was the comic relief and I loved every event he took part in! he just broke the ice and was just hilarious. He is still immature as ever and I just love that! Kiara was the same as she was in Rules of Attraction and I wouldn't have her any other way!
I gotta say, I loved the scene when Carlos proposed to Kiara and I just felt like screaming!

Mi chava, chica and mamacita.. Which one was the best? Since reading this book, mi chava became my favourite, then mamacita then chica. And Alex stopped saying mamacita all the time! I miss that...
Lovin' mi chava though. :)

Isn't it just plain hilarious that you have three Fuentas boys, Alex, Carlos and Luis, and then you have a bunch more boys to carry on the legacy? You have Paco and than three male triplets? I mean, I know that Carlos and Kiara had daughters but having 4 more boys in the family to spread their Fuentas charm is a lot of charm. I would soooo read their stories if Simone Elkeles ever made a series about them! Or she made a book about Dylan and Cecilia.

Did you just freak out when Luis was telling Nicki that she makes him believe the impossible? Because that is what Carlos said to Kiara!!!
And didn't you freak out when Luis asked Nicki if she could let him taste her? Alex said that to Brittany and Carlos said that to Kiara!!!
GAHHH! I'm so high!!!
I bet I'm forgetting a bunch more things about what Luis said that Alex or Carlos once said to Brittany or Kiara but yeah....

Granny was awesome one of the best characters. :D

For some reason I with that Mama Fuentas did not end up with Cesar. Not that I don't want her to be happy and all, I just didn't like Cesar that much is all.

Panty Discus was hilarious!!!! I wanted to point out that I totally thought that Carlos and Kiara were going to win not Nicki and Luis.

Anyway, here are some quotes that were memorable:

One by Carlos, "I want to argue with you just so we can have crazy hot makeup sex."
One by Alex, "Chica, that was embarrassin’. You need some intensive Panty Discus instruction."
And this was one funny-ass moment that happened between Nicki and Luis that made me DIE(even though it wasn't that funny)! “Hey,” she whispers softly against my lips. She puts a hand on my chest. “Um, before we go ahead and make out … I think you should know that your family is watching us.” I glance back at the house. The lights are suddenly off, and I can make out the shadows of my family spying through the front window."

I gotta say I love that all three Fuentes men are together in this book. It adds so much more drama, comedy, charm and great times! Having Alex, Carlos and Luis together just made the whole book for me.
And what's with the Fuentes' women nor hanging out with each other? They have to stick together in order to survive life with those three, right?

Simone Elkeles gets so into her characters which makes for a great book and she is just plain amazing! Her words just flow off the page and you want to get every last bit of it in your head! She is SUCH a genius for imagining this series up and I give kudos to her for being such an amazing writer.

Anyway, here comes the end of the Fuentes family and I will say I will miss them dearly.
This is a 5 stars series and I would recommend it to any girl.
WOOOOOO!
Love everything about this series and I give love to everyone who reads and loves this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chain Reaction.

08/18/2011 "Looking forward to this one :)"
08/18/2011 ""You are one lucky motherfucker,” I love how Alex just comes right out and says it. <3"
08/18/2011 "TWO YEARS AND TWO MONTHS LATER This just makes me laugh."
08/18/2011 "I’ve replayed that image of him, in all his glory, not looking one bit insecure or ashamed of his nakedness,"
08/18/2011 "I’m shocked to see Luis sitting on the bow wearing nothing but a pair of long swim shorts, revealing naturally tanned washboard abs and a thin line of hair, which extends from his navel and disappears beneath his swim shorts, which ride low on his hips."
08/18/2011 "“You guys are such show-offs.” “It’s the testosterone,” Luis says, treading water with seemingly no effort."
08/18/2011 "Wow, the white jocks in this one are REALLY racist... :l"
08/18/2011 ""Yeah, umm …” She turns to mi'amá and murmurs fast and furious, “Whatthefuckareyoudoingwithacopinyourhouse?”"
08/18/2011 "“Hey,” she whispers softly against my lips. She puts a hand on my chest. “Um, before we go ahead and make out … I think you should know that your family is watching us.” I glance back at the house. The lights are suddenly off, and I can make out the shadows of my family spying through the front window."
08/18/2011 "“What. The. Hell. Was. That?” Alex asks, sucking in a breath. Brittany huffs and cries out, “You said I looked hot and it totally threw me off. It’s not my fault. I’ve never played this game before, Alex. Next time, shut up and let me toss it without your comments.” “Chica, that was embarrassin’. You need some intensive Panty Discus instruction.” He playfully picks her up and carries her to where we’re sitting. “When"
08/18/2011 "He wags his eyebrows at her, then whips the Panty Discus with all he’s got and it lands a yard or so farther than Alex’s toss. Carlos yelps out another war cry and kisses his newfound army muscles. “Army strong, suck’ahs!”"
08/18/2011 "I want you to be the mother of my children, I want to fix cars with you and eat your crappy tofu tacos that you think are Mexican. I want to climb mountains with you and be challenged by you, I want to argue with you just so we can have crazy hot makeup sex. Marry me, because without you I’d be six feet under … and because I love your family like they’re my own …"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Dija Great review, Michelle! Now I'm even more eager about starting the last book in this series!

Michelle. D. Great to know that! When I finished reading it I was freaking out...!
I hope you like it too.