Peep (Pop! Pop!)'s Reviews > Three to Get Deadly

Sep 08, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: read-in-2010, just-okay, adult-cravings
Read from September 02 to 04, 2010

While I liked Three to Get Deadly, I did not like it as much as the first two I read. I will still be reading the rest of the books in this series. It's hard to not like Stephanie. She's just a regular girl who just can't seem to catch a break. I mean, how much bad luck can one girl have? Boy is she funny with her bad luck though. And just how many cars will this girl go through?

So yeah, this one super funny. I loved, loved, loved the parts with Grandma Mazur! She is so funny! Why can't all the old people be like her? I feel bad. I live in a town where there are a bunch of mature (older(old))adults around. I keep expecting them to be as outspoken and hilarious as Grandma Mazur but I have to tell you, they really disappoint me. GM raised the bar on the elderly. Is it really that hard for them to crack a joke or two or shoot a gun? I'm kidding. Most everyone around here knows how to shoot. Still working on the funny though.

Of course I still liked Roman. It was nice seeing him and Stephs relationship smooth out. But I also liked how Steph is (for the most part) able to do her own thing and not have to rely on Roman to bail her out. I do hope that these two get married soon. The suspense is Kee Ill Ling Muah!

It'll be nice to see Lula grow. I liked how she was 100% mind tough but was the first one to run when trouble came up. Seriously, if I was Steph I'd leave her behind because she offers zero back up. Zero.

Sorry, I keep getting distracted. I'm watching Aeon Flux, which is an absolutely terrible terrible movie. That's right, it's so bad I had to say terrible twice (thrice?) and mention it in this review.

Back to the book - I wasn't too impressed with the bad guy in this one. I didn't find him scary at all. The book started off kind of slow as well. The bad guys were kind of a joke. I just didn't get that sense of danger like I could have gotten. The henchmen weren't even good at what they did, and not even in a funny way. Just that they didn't have that certain CRAZY that makes them intimidating. And were we supposed to feel sorry for the old guy? I didn't! Plus, I thought the addition of the goings on in the house was not needed. His career choice seemed to be an add on so we could add more fuel to the "bad guy" fire. So not buying it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three to Get Deadly.

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) Wow I don't even remember some of this stuff!

Peep (Pop! Pop!) I read it a few days ago and had to write that down when I was done. I shouldn't wait so long between reviews because I can't remember what they were about!

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) Ha! Just to warn you there is not much character development throughout the series, but that is why I like it because it is like an old friend I come back to once or twice per year.

Peep (Pop! Pop!) I don't care about character development, unless it has to do with her and her on/off/on/off/on again honey!