Kathy's Reviews > To Bed With Grand Music

To Bed With Grand Music by Marghanita Laski

Feb 01, 11

Read from January 10 to 30, 2011

The writing style of this book is great, and the way Laski unfolds the plot is also beautiful. With this said, this it probably the first time I ever wanted the main character to just DIE. Just get caught in an air raid and freakin' die. Watching this woman decline into, what I believe to be, a horrible life and justify it for herself was hard to read. Perhaps if the main character was more dimensional, I would have sympathized with this decline more. Unfortunately, she has the emotional range of a teaspoon and I just couldn't muster any pity for her, much less get attached to the character while watching her wild ride. Perhaps this was Laski's goal? I want to give this book 2 stars, but opted for 3 because the writing, plot development, and scenery is well written. I also think it would be enjoyable book for those who prefer this type of genre, but I'm an escapist reader and this just wasn't up my alley.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Bed With Grand Music.