Michael (Tattoogirl Reads)'s Reviews > Tweet Heart

Tweet Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick

May 25, 12

bookshelves: stand-alone
Read from May 24 to 25, 2012

Well…this was alright… I liked the idea of the book more that I did the actual book. You can’t really get to know any of the characters beyond a superficial level because it’s only set in tweets, emails, and and blog entries. That’s obvious, right? Well I think I would have preferred to have some real life action and then heavy tweeting.

It was also hard for me to connect with Claire, since I’m more like Lottie. Or at least I was when I was in high school. I did like Will though. I married my own “Will.”

The most disappointing thing about this book is how it reflects our current culture both in America and Japan as well as plenty other tech savvy countries, I’m sure. There is getting to be so very little in-person communication. Why talk to someone when you can tweet the hard stuff? Why interact with your friends or family at a restaurant when you can text or play angry birds instead?

When in Japan, I remember seeing groups of friends standing together on the train platform not talking because they were too busy texting…

I’m not basing my review rating on the cultural stuff, that was just a side note. The rating is purely on the story itself. If you are looking for a super fast read then this is it. I read it while doing my laundry.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tweet Heart.