Kathryn's Reviews > The Christmas Chronicles: The Legend of Santa Claus

The Christmas Chronicles by Tim Slover

Nov 09, 2010

bookshelves: first-reads
Read in November, 2010

"The Christmas Chronicles" is a wonderful story about how Santa Claus became the man he is today. After reading The Christmas Chronicles, I am so excited for the holiday season to arrive.

Slover's story begins in 1343, when tan orphan named Klaus is adopted by a craftsmen’s guild. The boy will grow to become a master woodworker with a gift for making toys. This story will become a Christmas classic!

I loved this book. It is the most delightful Christmas book I have read and I read at least one each season. The magic and innocence of the story are wonderful.

5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Christmas Chronicles.

message 1: by Kim (new)

Kim I hope you'll let me borrow it this Christmas season!

Jackie I saw your review and wondered if you know that the story began as a story for radio in 2008? You can listen to the program for free at this web address www.classical89.org/programs/christma... There are lots of sound effects and music.

I'm trying to get the word out because I think a lot of people that enjoyed the book would be interested in listening to the radio show--especially since y'know it is free to listen to, something the family can do but doesn't cost money-- since the economy is tough this year.

Have a glorious day! And Merry Christmas

Kathryn Thanks for the information.