Erica's Reviews > The Man of My Dreams

The Man of My Dreams by Curtis Sittenfeld

Mar 11, 09

bookshelves: 2006
Read in June, 2006

As soon as I finished Prep, I immediately put this book on hold. It's Curtis Sittenfeld's second book and it just came out in May. After I finished Matilda, I started this book. I went into it with high expectations and it didn't catch me quite as quickly as Prep but then again it isn't the same book and I wouldn't want it to be. Over the last few days this book has really caught me and I'm loving it. I find myself, once again, really identifying with the main character Hannah. She's making so many of the mistakes that I made when I was dating, although I don't think I made my opinions as public as she does. I'm starting to really love this book, too. The woman at work that I recommended Prep to (which she loves), I told her to wait a few months before reading The Man of My Dreams because it's good but it might be overshadowed by Prep.

June 15, 2006: This book didn't disappoint in the end. Once again, I felt like I could have been friends with Hannah. I also really missed Lee from Prep when I had finished it and I really miss Hannah, too. It's going to be hard to wait for Curtis Sittenfeld's next book since this one just came out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man of My Dreams.