ReviewsByMolly's Reviews > Immanuel's Veins

Sep 13, 10

Recommended to ReviewsByMolly by: BookSneeze(ThomasNelson); CFBA
Recommended for: EVERYONE!!!
Read in September, 2010 — I own a copy

Oh. My. Goodness. Wow and wow again! Ted Dekker is splendidly FANTASTIC!!! With Ted Dekker, you just never know what you are going to get. You could get a Christian Sci-Fi style book (for instance-Green, which was not my taste), you could get a fantastic suspense thriller, like The Bride Collector, which,by the way, rocked, or you could get the best historical, fictional love story of all times in his newest release Immanuel's Veins. When this became available to review, I jumped on it. It sounded beautifully amazing and I am so happy to say that it didn't disappoint!

The incredibly instense feeling you get when you dive into page one is beyond any description! You instantly fall in love with Alek, Toma and the scenery beyond them. As you read on, and meet Natasha and Lucine, two beautiful twins with completely separate minds, the sparks begin to fly all around the story. The breath taking suspense had me turning the pages of this riveting love story, far into the night and early morning hours. The deepest and most incredible aspects of this sensual story was the power of sacrificial love and the scriptural details woven into the words.

As I was reading Immanuel's Veins, I was thinking to myself, that I want to feel everything these amazing characters were feeling. By the end of the book, I realized that I could just that and have that tender sacrificial love and be satisfied for the rest of my life. I could find that kind of love in my Father. That is a wonderful feeling, knowing that you are loved that much by a Father who knows you like know other!

This book is truly unforgettable. If you have never read a Ted Dekker book, then please, start here, right now, with Immanuel's Veins. You'll get the intensity of the good verses evil, the thrill of page turning suspense and betrayal, the tenderness of a passionate love like no other, and the fabulous mercy of forgiveness and redemption. If you've already read Ted Dekker's books, then don't hesitate to grab a copy of this unforgettable, 5 star-more than 5 stars really- book. I was one of the ones who was FOR this story....will you be one of them, too???

*This book was provided for review by Thomas Nelson's BookSneeze*
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Immanuel's Veins.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by CGC (new)

CGC This review should make anyone want to read Immanuel's Veins! Did you know there's a contest that's happening on Ted Dekker's facebook page related to this book? You just answer the question "What Have You Done for Love?" and you could win a $2,000 travel voucher and dinner with Dekker. The contest runs through Oct. 4. Then Dekker is picking the winner! Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/teddekker?ref=ts (just click on the "Contest" tab) It's also fun just to read what other fans have written!

♥♥Mari♥♥ What an absolutely FABULOUS review!! I've never read Dekker's work, although I have heard of him. Thanks to your review, I do believe I'll start with this novel! Thanks! : )