Joanie's Reviews > One Day

Sep 14, 10

bookshelves: 2010, romance
Read from September 07 to 14, 2010

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Day.

09/10/2010 page 107

message 1: by Elaine (new) - added it

Elaine My bff just bought this book with the movie cover and it looks so pretty!

Joanie Ah, I hadn't read chicklit in a while but this book surprised me. Forgot it's been so long since I read it!

message 3: by Elaine (new) - added it

Elaine I didn't know this book came out last year, heh. Unless a book is really popular, I don't think we get them as quickly as you guys do!

Joanie Yeah, generally with books I don't think we get delays but if they're overseas (British books, for example), there will be.

There's also a movie coming out with Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess!

message 5: by Elaine (new) - added it

Elaine Yeah, we usually get delays for us books at Borders and for uk books at Kinokuniya, heh.

Oh yes! My friend's book cover is actually the movie cover! Can't wait for the movie

Joanie Wow, they have those already, huh? Haha, I'm picky with my covers, usually I like the originals better because the movie covers are too glossy for my liking.;)

message 7: by Elaine (new) - added it

Elaine Yep!
I usually prefer original covers too, but the movie cover for this isn't glossy and it's really pretty! I actually didn't realize that it was a movie cover at first, heh.

Joanie Haha, I finally saw it for real yesterday at the book store and it really does look lovely.;)

I get fussy about fingerprints on books, so that's why I don't generally get glossy covers if I don't have to.