Crystal's Reviews > Somewhere Along The Way

Somewhere Along The Way by Jodi Thomas

Oct 19, 10

bookshelves: for-review, read-oct-2010
Read from October 17 to 19, 2010

Somewhere Along the Way did not disappoint. When I started reading this one I fell right back into the wonderful town of Harmony along with it's inhabitants. Somewhere Along the Way is the story of Liz and Gabe and the town of Harmony, but it's so much more than that as well.

One thing I particularly love about these novels is the fact that they don't focus just on the couple who will be getting together in that novel. This isn't just about Liz and Gabe. We get to go back and visit with Hank and Alex from Welcome to Harmony. We see more of Reagan, Preacher, Tyler and others. We get to meet new people in Harmony and find out more about them. It's fun to see the town come to life with it's inhabitants. I absolutely love the way Ms. Thomas writes about Harmony and the people, it makes me feel like I am a part of the town and watching what is going on from my front porch.

There are a couple of romances in this one and Tyler is still pining away as well. Reagan is also still central to the story and I really like her and her uncle and the colorful townsfolk. Ms. Thomas tells a beautiful story of how a town comes together each time there are problems. I think I would love to live somewhere like Harmony and I definitely wouldn't mind a Gabe, Hank or Denver to come to my rescue.

If you like small town romances, with a touch of suspense, some humor and great characters, then I highly recommend Somewhere Along the Way. It's a book you will pick up and not want to put down and as soon as you finish you will be eagerly awaiting the next novel in this series.

Wondering whether you need to read the first in the series before you read this. It's not a must, but it will give you background on this book. I do believe you can pick Somewhere Along the Way and get to know the folks of Harmony, but trust me when I say you want to read Welcome to Harmony as well.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Somewhere Along The Way.

10/17/2010 page 33