chrissysg's Reviews > A Small Furry Prayer: Dog Rescue and the Meaning of Life

A Small Furry Prayer by Steven Kotler

F 50x66
Sep 07, 2010

Read in November, 2010 — I own a copy , read count: once

Initially, even before receiving the book, I didn't think this was the type of book I'd normally read. I actually have allergies to animals and a phobia, I must admit. Also, I haven't grown up in a family that considered pets a priority in life. However, I choose to remain open and want to be able to gain new experiences in life, so I opted to choose this book and was fortunate enough to win a copy.

Well, I was pleasantly surprised! This author is certainly deep, creative, honest, and funny all in one. This book was not just about dogs. I learned some USA history; history of animal domestication, protection, and ownership; and strangely enough how human nature compares with that of dogs. I had never considered a dog other than just that, a dog! But this book brought a new perspective and not just the author's opinions, but research. Could dogs actually be altruistic in nature, do they have feelings and emotions like humans.

I enjoyed this book. It made sense to me. Maybe this is why dogs are considered man's best friend, because they understand, they're intuitive. I'm glad I read this book!

Thanks to Bloomsbury USA and Walker Books for sending me this book via the Goodreads Giveaway program in order for me to review it
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Small Furry Prayer.