Maria Elmvang's Reviews > How to Respond When You Feel Mistreated

Sep 07, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: 2010, 3-stars, christian, not-owned, non-fiction
Read on September 14, 2010 , read count: 1

Leave vengeance to the Lord. MUCH easier said than done, and I also felt the book lacked some concrete examples. When are we taking vengeance out of God's hands and when are we just refusing to be door-mats? Where does the line go? In some cases it's obvious, but in others not so much.

A thought-provoking book, but though short, it still didn't escape from being rather repetative at times. The first two chapters were definitely the best, and more or less everything in the rest of the book were expansions and elaborations of the topics raised there. I did appricate his chapter on authority though - even when we sorely dislike, or even disapprove of our head of state, God is still in charge. Who are we to say He didn't put that person in that position for a reason? He also made an excellent argument for why a wife submitting to her husband doesn't necessarily mean that she has to obey him, but merely that she has to respect him. Interesting thoughts.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Respond When You Feel Mistreated.