Jessica's Reviews > Eight Days To Live

Eight Days To Live by Iris Johansen

4192573
Sep 17, 10

Read from September 06 to 17, 2010

Where to start? Reading the Eve Duncan books are like watching the movie 2012 for me. I loved the movie! I thought it was thrilling and very fast paced and it kept my attention through the whole movie. However, throughout the whole movie, my husband and I were saying "yeah, right" and "how lucky can you get"? That is exactly how I feel about this book. It grabbed me from the very first sentence. I was totally into the book and nothing could distract me once I started reading. But, through the whole book I am thinking, "wow...how lucky can you get" or "how many times can you escape death that closely"? It was crazy how many times Jane MacGuire almost gets herself killed and at the last moment, escapes. It's also frusterating to me how spoiled and childish Jane acts (much like Eve Duncan in previous books). She has no thought for those who care about her. Everything is her fault and so she is the one (and the ONLY one) who can fix it and so she constantly is putting herself into danger.

So, while I thought the book was fast paced, exciting and thrilling, I was not impressed with the childishness of the characters and the total unbelievability of the storyline.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eight Days To Live.