Daniela's Reviews > Almost Perfect

Almost Perfect by Brian Katcher

Jul 13, 12

bookshelves: american, award-winners, coming-of-age, fiction, glbtq, mental-health, pychology, romance, realistic-fiction, young-adult
Read from July 10 to 12, 2012

Summary:
Logan Witherspoon is just getting over a toxic relationship when he meets Sage. Sage is eccentric, beautiful and confident – a stark contrast from his quiet, reserved ex Brenda. Logan finds himself getting closer and closer to Sage.

But all is not as it seems. Sage is a hiding a huge secret from Logan. One that will inevitably threaten their growing relationship and even Sage’s life. Sage is actually a boy. When Logan learns the truth, he finds himself on an emotional roller coaster that will challenge his views on sexuality and threaten to destroy his love for Sage.

My Thoughts:
Such a poignant and fascinating novel, I could not help but get wrapped into the relationship between Sage and Logan. This is not the first novel I’ve read about a transgendered teen. In I am J, a young girl must traverse her way through a female-to-male transition. When comparing the two novels, I feel Almost Perfect is superior. It just pulled at my heart strings and I found a lot in the story that I could relate to. Katcher perfectly captures young love and all of its struggles.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Almost Perfect.