Keyona's Reviews > Early to Death, Early to Rise

Early to Death, Early to Rise by Kim Harrison

Sep 27, 10

Read from September 06 to 13, 2010

From the Blog:

I'd rather not beat around the bush with this one. It was such a thin book but it took me FOREVER to finish. I found myself struggling to pay attention and forcing myself to continue on. In the first book in this series Once Dead Twice Shy I was completely enthralled the whole time. Not only was there a full plot, but there were also sub plots that kept the story going. I honesty can not say the same thing for this one. Even the main character Madison, was watered down this time around. She wasn't as funny and charismatic as she was in the first one.

I was pretty disappointed. The whole gist of it was that Madison was trying to prove that there's no such thing as fate. She figured that even though someone could be on the wrong path, if they knew that they could possibly die from it, they might change their attitude. The whole book was spent trying to convince the seraphs of this. I wish there were more examples of her trying this theory out. As far as the romance aspect, it was pretty much nonexistent. Madison and her crush Josh had something special in Book One but it was ice cold this round. We hardly heard anything from him at all. He may have had one line in the whole book if that. Was it badly written? Nope. It just needed more going on to keep us readers interested. It made the whole fate argument seem so drawn out being that that was all it was about.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Early to Death, Early to Rise.