Shelley Stout's Reviews > Radium Halos: A Novel about the Radium Dial Painters

Radium Halos by Shelley Stout

Sep 06, 10

(Review from the author)

Since I am the author, I will not be rating the book. I hope you enjoy it!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Radium Halos.

Kathie I borrowed this book and my husband got to it before I did. He said he could not put it down and stayed up late to finish it. I read it yesterday while waiting for a delayed flight. I found it very interesting, in part because Ottowa, Illinois is not far from our home. I'd like to know more about how the legal case turned out and if the women, or their survivors, received any compensation.

message 2: by Shelley (new) - added it

Shelley Stout Kathie, thank you so much for your message! I'm glad both you and your husband liked the book.

The best source of information about the trials is actually at the website of Leonard Grossman, son of the attorney who represented the dial painters. He wrote the foreword for my novel.

Here's a link to his website: http://www.lgrossman.com/pics/radium/ scroll down below the home page to see images from the newspaper articles during the trials.

Best,
Shelley

Zuzana Urbanek Of course you can rate your own book! And you should give it 5 stars, since you put your heart, soul, and waking hours into it! :)

message 4: by Shelley (new) - added it

Shelley Stout Zuzana wrote: "Of course you can rate your own book! And you should give it 5 stars, since you put your heart, soul, and waking hours into it! :)"

Thanks, Zuzana!

Kama I started this book yesterday and already am 59% of the way through it. Helen is such a compelling character. I love this book.

message 6: by Shelley (new) - added it

Shelley Stout Kama wrote: "I started this book yesterday and already am 59% of the way through it. Helen is such a compelling character. I love this book."

Wonderful! Thank you, Kama.