Stormi (Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my!)'s Reviews > Call Me Mrs. Miracle

Call Me Mrs. Miracle by Debbie Macomber

Sep 06, 2010

Read in September, 2010

"Aspire to inspire before you expire" Mrs. Miracle

Emily Merkle (call me Mrs. Miracle) is working at the Finley Department store in the toy section. It's a family run store and Emily's boss is the owner's son Jake Finley.

Jake lost his mother and sister on Christmas Eve when their cab hit another car, since then his father and him have been doing there best to forget that Christmas ever existed. They always take a vacation through Christmas, the only realistic part of Christmas for them is they they know that they will make a killing on toys because of the season.

Holly is struggling this year, her brother had to go to Afghanistan and she was the only one able to take care of his eight year old son, Gabe. Her parents are out the country also so she is feeling a little bit alone. At first its a little touch and go with her and her nephew, but things are starting to get better.

When Jake and Holly meet at a coffee shop it just seemed fated that they would meet again later at Finley's department store. At the store is where Gabe tells Holly what he wants for Christmas, a Intelltron Robot. The only problem is, is the cost, Two Hundred and Fifty dollars.

Mrs. Miracles on a mission to put Jake and Holly together because they are a great match. She is always encouraging them to do things together. She also has some things in store for some of the other characters as well as she pulls together what she told Gabe, 'Would be the best Christmas ever.'

The only words I can think of to describe Call Me Mrs. Miracle is, delightful, funny, and inspirational. This is my first book by Debbie Macomber, but it won't be the last. Last year I watched a delightful movie on TV around Christmas time called Mr. Miracle so when I seen that Debbie Macomber had a new Mrs. Miracle book out I jumped at a chance to review it.

The author has a great way of blending great characters with a sweet storyline. You just fall in love with all the characters and you just get that great feeling at the end when its over but there is also that sadness because its over.

Its a romance story but it has so much more too it. I would really call it a light romance and one of the things I love about it is the fact that it has no sex scenes at all in the book. Its not written as a inspirational book yet I could with out a doubt tell my Christian friends that it would be a great book for them to read for the Christmas holidays. I would most definitely recommend this book to anyone! Its a great light read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Call Me Mrs. Miracle.

Johnny "Aspire to inspire before you expire" Mrs. Miracle

The best quote in the book!

Cecelia I just read the Net Galley book. I never saw the movie. Hopefully, Hallmark will show the movie again this year.