Bev's Reviews > One Day

One Day by David Nicholls

Sep 18, 10

bookshelves: audio-version

I've just started listening to this book a few days ago, and I am already LOVING the wit and charm of the two main characters! The narrator is awesome. What a refreshing relief from The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, which I just stopped midway through!

UPDATE: Finished the book. I continued to enjoy it and probably would have given it five stars if it hadn't been for the twist toward the end.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Day.

Susan I'm about half-way through it and am really liking it. It was a bit of a slow start for me, but after a few chapters/years, I was hooked on the characters and I admit I can't even begin to predict where this is going to end!

message 2: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue I was shocked at the end, too. But for me, that's what made it real, and not just a typical "Hollywood" happily ever after. Have you heard that Anne Hathaway is going to play Emma in the movie? It's coming out...when else....in July.

Melanie I couldn't get into The Story of Edgar Sawtelle either. A friend recommended it, but I struggled with it. I'm really liking One Day though! :)