Jessica's Reviews > Vegan Planet: 400 Irresistible Recipes with Fantastic Flavors from Home and Around the World

Vegan Planet by Robin G. Robertson

Sep 06, 2010

bookshelves: cookbooks
Read in October, 2010

Whoa, this is a yummy cookbook! And with so many fantastic recipes to choose from and accessible ingredients (most found in a well stocked grocery store), I think omnivores and vegetarians would like this one too. Here's what I've tried so far --

Artichoke and chickpea stew: This recipe had me at artichoke. Seriously though, it's so good and easy that we're making it again this week. Perfect for cool weather.

Thai-style coconut soup: Perfectly rich and creamy without being too much, and the leftovers reheated well. I served steamed broccoli on the side, and ended up dumping mine in ... yum!

Roasted chickpeas: I'd made an entire crockpot of chickpeas for the artichoke stew (above) and needed to use the extras. [Incidentally, did you know you don't have to soak them if you cook them this way? Genius!] So I roasted them according to this recipe and the family ate them up like they were tortilla chips.

Sesame soba noodles: This was the only recipe that didn't bowl me over. I used 100% buckwheat noodles and served it with sauteed kale, and the entire dinner tasted a little metallic to me. Jeff loved it though, so I'm probably an anomoly.

African peanut stew: I made this sweet potato-peanut stew without the tomatoes, and we never missed them. The recipe was delicious and easy, and the ingredients all came from the grocery store/ our csa.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vegan Planet.