Tina Peterson's Reviews > Over the Edge

Recommended for: YA, age 12+
Read in September, 2010, read count: 1

Chloe & Levesque Series
Books 1 & 2 available August 1

The Chloe and Lavesque series is written by Norah McClintock for teens ages 11 and up. Written in 1st person from the perspective of a teenage girl named Chloe Yan it's filled with lots of teenage angst and of course has the necessary parental dislike, disappointment in her mother's choice of a new husband and stepfather for Chloe and her younger sister. Chloe's stepfather is a police officer in Canada, where they have moved so he can take a position as Chief of Police in a small, back of the woods town.

The book didn't have a lot of edge of the seat action, unlike the Conspiracy 365 series, but it does have a lot of emotion and romance with nothing beyond a little kissing and holding hands. Clean and very easy to read, it's a nice series for a teen who doesn't want to do any heavy reading and it's rainy and too cold to go outside and do chores.

Series summary:
Teenaged Chloe Yan has had to leave behind her beloved Montreal to move to East Hastings, Ontario where her new stepfather, Louis Levesque, has just become Chief of Police. This engrossing murder mystery series is clean and contemporary. This series has a sassy, independent, first-person narrator and illustrates authentic family relationships.

Over The Edge, Book 1Nobody knows how Peter ended up at the bottom of MacAdam’s Lookout. Chloe can’t figure it out, or why his mother seems to think she was his friend. Peter had no friends. He was a loner, more interested in astronomy than in other people. But something - or someone - pushed him over the edge...

Double Cross, Book 2
From the second she met him, Chloe thought Jonah was a jerk. So what's she doing going all over the place with him, telling lies, getting in trouble, all to prove that his father isn’t a murderer? Especially when she isn’t even sure it’s true? In this nail-biting sequel to "Over the Edge" Chloe finally pieces together what happened the day Mary Shackleton died. The trouble is, the closer she gets to the truth, the closer she is to danger.

The Chloe and Levesque books are $5.99 and are published from Kane Miller. To purchase your copies of these wonderful books, go to:

What are others saying about this series: (and YES there are more books in this series coming!)

Over the Edge

"Awesome! You must read this book, Chloe is funny and the plot is fast. A must-read." - Lorean M., Age 15, Ontario, Rating: 9

"I just finished reading Over the Edge... I couldn't put it down. I finished the book in about 3 days. The storyline was so intense, it was addictive. I’m now readingDouble Cross and trying to find the next one in the series. It was the best book I have ever read. You are an AMAZING writer... keep it up!" - Stephanie Z., Age 13, Ontario, Rating: 10

"Twisting and exciting! Really makes you think!!! " - Karly S., Age 12, Prince Edward Island, Rating: 10

Award-Winning: Nominee Ontario Library Association, White Pine 2002, Official Selection, Ontario Red Maple Award, 2001, Our Choice, 2000

Double Cross

"I thought the book was good, and it's the third one I've read out of the six book series, and I recommend the rest of the books." - Mackenzie B., Age 12, Ontario, Rating: 9

"When I read Double Cross I always reading many chapters at a time. It made me so curious of what would happen next I couldn't put the book down! Norah's books are great and I always like how they end — it’s just so exciting! Chloe and her mysteries are so great! :)" - Becca H., Age 12, Ontario, Rating: 9

Award-Winning: Our Choice, 2001
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Over the Edge.